Monday, May 28, 2007
Our family vacation was really fun, there is so much to see and do in the Black Hills/Badlands area. We had 5 days camping in Custer State Park on Sylvan Lake, on Needles Hwy. That is a beautiful area, the boys hiked and swam and hiked some more. We got to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, tour Jewel Cave, and hit the mammoth dig in Hot Springs. Then we stayed in a hotel with a pool in Deadwood for a day before we left. I developed an abscessed tooth and was in agony by the 3rd day. I saw a dentist in Deadwood, SD and an x-ray proved I needed a root canal. After a few rainy nights in a leaky tent, an achy tooth, this mommy was super cranky and the hotel was much needed. We ended our trip 2 days early, I got a root canal, and I’m on the mend. Gosh, what an ordeal!!
Here is a picture of us on the “wild life loop” of Custer State Park. Yep, that is a herd of buffalo (or bison) in the back ground and yes, my boys have guns, they’re only toy guns but someone needed to protect us from the wild herd of grazing buffalo.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
I’ve been tagged by Sylv from http://pelotes.blogspot.com/
Here are the rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
- I’m the youngest of 6 kids.
- I played drums (at least tried to play) in an all female heavy metal band in the 80’s, when I lived in southern
, trying to make it big as a rock star! Hah! It took me 3 years to realize I was a really bad drummer, I sold my drum set and moved back to California . I haven’t played the drums since. Minnesota
- I love chocolate but I don’t like chocolate donuts.
- I almost died during a surgical procedure and my Mom was the assisting nurse in the operating room, they had to take her out of the room until I recovered.
- I’m still friends with my grade school friends from my hometown. There are 5 of us that still keep in touch and get together at least once a year. Most of us met in kindergarten.
- I can kick-start a 1965 Panhead Harley, but I couldn’t get it out of 3rd gear because of the suicide clutch, so I could only go 30 mph or less.
- I cried on my wedding day, a lot.