Thursday, June 29, 2006

Circle Pendant Necklace


This is so easy to make and if you use left over yarn from your stash, with just the cost of the pendant, it is easily under $5.00! I originally made this necklace over a year ago, every time I wear the teal one, I get compliments. When I say, “I made this myself” the usual response is “no way!” Well…”yes way!” Now go dig through your yarn stash, pick your fav color and make this circle pendant necklace! Make it choker length, or a little longer, either length, this is funky cool!

Circle Pendant Necklace

Materials:
- Craft/jewelry circle pendant found at most craft stores for under $5.00.
- Any left over yarn, I used a sport weight for the teal circle necklace, and did hdc st, and for the black circle necklace I used a cotton yarn with a sc. The yarn amount depends on the desired length of necklace, for choker length, you don’t need much.
- Crochet hook – for sport weight yarn I used a D, cotton yarn I used a G.

Step 1 – Attach yarn from center of circle with a knot
Step 2 - do 2 sc around circle's center to secure yarn to begin 1st strap
Step 3 – ch 2, hdc 2, ch 2, turn
(*you can also do a sc, and ch 1 for turning chain)
Step 4 – repeat row of *hdc 2, ch2, turn* until it reaches 6 ½” to 7” for choker length
(*you can also make this necklace longer, just add more rows here)
Step 5 – fasten off and weave in ends
Step 6 – attach yarn as in Step 1, for the other strap
Step 7 – repeat steps 2-4. If you want to have a button closure, you need to make a button
hole, and this is super easy! At the end of last row, ch 4, then skip 2 sts, and sl st to
last st in row, if using sport weight ch 2, hdc back over the chain to widen the top of the
button hole, and then fasten off, weave in ends
Step 8 – Sew on a little button on opposite strap of strap with button hole.
(*you can also use Velcro as a closure, or leave tails and tie it in a bow)

____Addition to Post on 01-31-07________
I had a request to re-explain Step 1, thought I'd add a picture to help you visualize it.

14 comments:

Rina said...

Brilliant!
That's an excellent way to use up left over yarn.
*applause.

LG said...

Such a great idea! A perfect gift!

blondebabypeaches said...

that so cute - I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Why can't I think of things like this? Thanks for the inspiration Pam! Rae

Ellen Bloom said...

Great pendants!! Great idea. Thanks for commenting on my crochet blog. How did you find me?

Ellen Bloom
Los Angeles

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Very creative, thanks for sharing.

KnitPastis said...

It looks so fabulous on you Pam! I love the photo of you in the black sunglasses and black hat!

Teri said...

Hi Pam! Love the necklace!....It is awesome!!!!

Mimi said...

Thanks for sharing, Pam, I might try it some time. I just love your funky style ;)

Unknown said...

Thank necklace, choker is really great. Thanks for sharing you pattern.

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

What a great idea--I feela few Christmas gifts coming on :-)

Anonymous said...

My girl loves turquoise. I sent her a link to your page. I can do this! Thanks so much it is beautiful. Oh, and I was wondering what else I could do with donut beads in addition to my Lock Lassos. Shoooottt, I can make sets . . . YES!!!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for adding the additional picture, i was not sure how to get the single crochets around the center, i'm working on this in my spare time.

Angus Mcjockeyfart said...

I agree completely with what exposure to black mold said. I don't thimk there's anything I can add to that!
online backup