Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crochet Summer Tops

Hi crochet friends,

It has been such a long time since I've blogged I almost forgot how. I have been working full time, with very little time for crochet, but I manged to get a few summer tops finished. The first top, cream colored button up, was a WIP forever! Not like the old days when I was an "at home Mom" and I could do a garment in 5 days. I miss being home, but I like my job and the money (I know that sounds bad, but it helps so much to have that income.)

Sorry I don't many details on the summer tops below, the only one with a pattern is "Cher" and the other two I didn't have time to fully test, most likely will not publish, my designing days are far and few between now.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out Knotty Generation.
Happy crocheting! -Pam

Top Down Summer Cardi - debating if I should add sleeves, the cap sleeve reminds me of Judy Jetson, I'm convinced that sleeves will make this even better. I used a DK weight yarn and both J/10-6mm and H/8- 5mm crochet hooks.


Square Neck Tank - I used Vanna's Choice, Color#135 Rust. Crochet hook I/9-5.50 mm. Love rust with brown, this is totally finished, nothing to add or change, I love it just the way it is.


"Cher" - my design for Vickie Howell's book Pop Goes Crochet. I used Berroco Suede yarn in Color #3729 Zoro. Crochet hook J/10 - 6mm. The essential black vest.

12 comments:

crochetgurl said...

The tops are gorgeous, especially the white cardi! I hope you let us know if you ever do have the time to write up a pattern for it. :-)

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do that took over designing?

Pam said...

Hey Crochetgurl,
Thanks for stopping by! I work at a bank, in information technology, I manage a team of software quality analyst.

Happy crocheting! -Pam

Unknown said...

Hi pam :)
I missed your post! I LOVE all 3 new designs of yours!!! I'm sad to hear that you don't crochet as much as before, especially with your talent, but I understand.
Wishing you the best in everything you do!

~ Chie

Xia Diaz said...

Hey! It's great hearing from you. The tops are great and don't worry about not blogging often. Having to work is no easy task. My crochet/knitting days are gone for now with work and going back to grad school in the fall. Ah, if we only had more time. Keep in touch!

Mimi said...

Congrats on your current job Pam! You can still design whenever you find the time. Your tops are great. I love your top down cardi - I have yet to make my own version of a top-down garment, never tried it before...

tbuckles said...

The top down summer cardi is gorgeous. No sleeves are needed!

Rina said...

Like your summer top down cardi.

Pam said...

Thanks Chie and Xia! Mimi try top down at least once, it's surprisingly easy! Thank tbuckles, I'm still in debate about the sleeves once the weather gets cold I might add them. Rina, thanks for stopping by! Hope all is well. -Pam

Jill said...

Pam, I see where I can get the pattern for the Cher sweater, but where can I find the square-neck tank? I really like them both!

Pam said...

Hi Jill, I didn't have time to fully test the pattern, I most likely will not publish, my designing days are far and few between now. -Pam

Anonymous said...

this is soo cute!!!

Unknown said...

I think waist cinchers are helpful in making the body of an individual fit.The waist cinchers are special types of belts. They are used in order to make pressure and reduce the fats which are present in the body of an individual. There is a wide variety which is available in them.