Tuesday, February 21, 2006

How am I of value?

In every aspect of our lives, we ask ourselves, "How am I of value?" Crocheting for charity not only helps someone else, but it can help you.

This is where you create, you give, you help, you are of value.

Never before has there been a need to feel a sense of purpose and value. I don’t think I’m alone in this feeling. I crochet for charity; Warm Up America www.warmupamerica.com is my charity of choice. Crocheting squares for WUA and attending meetings to join donated squares has allowed me to step back from everyday chaos, escape, create, and feel good.

I meet with a great group of ladies on the 1st Wednesday of the month at the Joanne’s in Apple Valley from 10am to 12noon. I’ve been with them for 3 years. The core group of ladies have been together for years. This is a dedicated bunch of knitters and crocheters.

This month, I’ve got two afghans to put an edge on. The pink/mauve/white afghan on the right, I’m going to put a shell stitch edge on with white. For the black/teal afghan on the left, I am thinking a simple 2 rounds of single crochet in black.

I’ll post pictures when I get them done. If you’re not familiar with WUA, check out their website and find a group near you, or you can send your 7 x 9 squares to their headquarters. Do it and feel good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crochet for charity feels good, doesn't it? It's a great thing that you're doing. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I made my daughter's hat from one of Celeste's designs. She plans to share the pattern. If you want to make one, I'm sure she'd send a pattern to you. Her blog is http://warmweatherknitting.blogspot.com/
Thanks again. :)

City Wiccan said...

It's great that you do this!! I'm working on the Dulaan project myself. It's nice to know that your work will be really appreciated (unlike some relatives that have everything and don't really care).