Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fan Stitch Summer Scarf

This yarn is so soft it's an indulgence, like a fine chocolate. If you’re a chocolate lover, and have had Belgian chocolate, it’s hard to buy a Heresy’s at the gas station. I passed up this yarn several times because I didn’t want to buy into the brand name/store because I like supporting the LYS. (Local Yarn Shops). But then I needed to do a small swatch and this came in a pinch. Alas, to my surprise, this yarn is incredible. It’s Jo-Ann Sensations Dolcetto Yarns which is a wool/cotton blend from their Bellezza Collection made in Italy, 54% Wool, 24% Nylon, 22% Cotton at $4.99 a skein with 131.2 yards.

My new Jimbo hook is so smooth and combined with this soft yarn, I’ll ever use an acrylic yarn with an aluminum hook again!! Well I can never say never but gosh darn it, this is what crocheting is all about for me; incredible yarn with a wood hook carved from hand, definitely this crocheter’s nirvana.

13 comments:

City Wiccan said...

Oh, I love yarns like that. I like your chocolate comparison! I totally understood. I've just started using my hemp yarn . . . I'm scared to think of a comparison to that. (Honestly, I didn't inhale!)

Norah said...

Ohhh, that yarn sounds and looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Pam, I buy alot of yarn at JoAnnes, but not this one, I'll have to try it. Loved the chocolate comparison, I'm a huge chocoholic and a yarnoholic!

Jimbo said...

Oh, it looks like that hook has found a warm and caring home. Thanks for posting a picture of your work together, and thanks too, for your support.
Nice analogy about the clouds.
Beautiful work, Pam.
Jimbo

Pam said...

My cloud analogy to Jimbo went something like "we can see the sunshine everyday because our eyes can see through the clouds" and I was talking about positive people VS negative people. It all started with a discussion about a crochet-bashing blog, where someone makes fun of someone else's crochet. I'm just always trying to see the sunshine.

PippaW said...

I love the pattern, so fine and elegant, and makes me think of of a lovely spring breeze :-)

KnitPastis said...

Hey, I have some of that yarn and I thought the samething when I felt it...awwhhhh soft. I think I only bought one skein in light pink of it since I had to find something at the time to use this 50% off Joanne's coupon.

none said...

I agree. Crocheting on a Jimbo hook with soft yarn is luxery. Try Crystal Palace Iceland...it is so soft and your hook will just melt in it. :)

Anonymous said...

Pam, the cloud analogy you comment to Jim is beautiful because it is truly your behavior - you are so positive, (even when the boys melt down at pre-school!) Thank God for people like you!

Pyo said...

This yarn composition sounds yummy. I agree with your statement about quality, it IS so more enjoyable to crochet with quality yarns and hooks.

lol @ celtic knitter's "I didn't inhale"!

Jimbo said...

Wow that's a knockout outfit, Pam, and you made the best parts of it! Amazing!

Jimbo said...

oops.... boy am i redfaced. I meant that comment for the post you made above, with the shawl and necklace and knockout dress.
Wondered where my post went.. so i made another one and now a third. oh man i'm on a roll here.

sorry pam, but your stuff is soooo pretty!

Elisa Morrison said...

Does anyone have a skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Bellezza Collection Dolcetto Yarn in pale blue? It's discontinued and I'm trying to finish a project.