Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sun Center Granny Square

It has been awhile since I’ve crocheted from a pattern written by someone else, actually a few years because I’ve been busy designing my own pieces, but when I saw this granny square, I just had to do it! I had the perfect yarn in my stash and an 8 hour car ride this weekend, and I had to choose a few small “portable” projects for the trip and this was one of them.

I also worked out the kinks to my Celtic cables but I’m not going to post the final pic because it is going into a special project that will remain a secret!

Back to this sunny little granny square pattern, which was written by Sandi Marshall at http://crochet.about.com/ and it is unique and bright and I just love it!! You can find the pattern here.

7 comments:

Norah said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Pam, so cheery and colorful, thanks for the link, I think I'll try it out. :) Mary

Anonymous said...

I like the contrast of the dark blue to the bright colors. It really draws my eye inward.

Unknown said...

Beautiful square. We are doing a bunch of squares and I think I came across this one, but I found a pinwheel one that I liked better. It actually looks like one of those pinwheels that I used to play with as a kid.

KnitPastis said...

Very pretty and sometimes you just have to do other folks patterns...hahaha

Teri said...

Pam, The minute I saw this I fell in love with it!! I love the bright colors on the dark background. I can't wait to make some of my own!!

Happy Hooking!
Teri

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Great color choices--I love the flower in the center!